Thursday, March 01, 2007

Running Mix

It's Thursday. And, I count it as the end of the week, even though it isn't. Tomorrow will be a coaster. The past few hours have been the first time I've really breathed non-panic stricken air for four days. A $17 million proposal does that to me. But it was finally Fedexed and out the door at 3 pm, my wrap-up meeting was at 4, and I was home by 5:30. Ready to run.

When I'm stressed, I need to walk, run, or lift really heavy weights. It's just as good as meditation (although I'm working on learning how to sit for five whole minutes and do that, too). And, when I got on the treadmill tonight to finally expel some energy, I listened to my newest Running Mix on my IPod. You know, those songs that really get you going, and in my case, sometimes take me across finish lines. Case in point: Unchained (Van Halen) took me across the Disney Half Marathon finish line. The Foo Fighters got me across the Country Music Half Marathon finish, and I honestly can't remember what got me across the Chicago (whole) Marathon finish line. I think I was half looped and begging someone to kill me with a blunt stick.

I haven't made a list for a while, so I'm sharing my all-time favorite kick ass running mix songs. Many come and go, but these have always made the rotation in some way or another.

Top 20 Kick Ass Running Mix Songs, in no particular order:

  • Unchained - Van Halen
  • Cold Hard Bitch - Jet
  • Baby I'm a Star - Prince
  • In God's Country - U2
  • All My Life - Foo Fighters
  • Panama - Van Halen
  • Crosstown Traffic - Jimi Hendrix
  • Livin' Thing - ELO
  • Just a Girl - No Doubt
  • Alright - Janet Jackson
  • Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters
  • Rock and Roll - Led Zepplin
  • Here it Goes Again - OK Go
  • Never There - Cake
  • Carry On - Crosby, Stills, and Nash
  • Go Your Own Way - Fleetwood Mac
  • Synchronicity II - The Police
  • Highway to Hell - AC/DC
  • Shambala - Three Dog Night
  • She Sells Sanctuary - The Cult

At least these are the 20 I pick today. Ask me again in 10 years.