Friday, January 02, 2009

Cheers to a Happy Ending.

When I was living in Atlanta several years ago, I fostered an ex-fighting pitbull for a short period of time. Her name was Daisy, and while I was a little skittish inviting her into my home at first, I've always been a dog person; that is, I've always been a believer that dogs are inherently good. In my mind, there is no such thing as a bad dog. Only bad people who make bad dogs. I saw her picture on a local website for ex-fighters who were in the process of being rehabilitated, and I fell in love with her face. So, I went through the proper channels and ended up bringing her home and serving as a foster Mom until she found her "real" family.

Daisy would keep her distance from me at first, but it only took about 5 days for her to warm up to me, and within 7 days, she was sleeping on the other side of my bed. She was an excellent running partner, and she quickly went from very skeptical of my intentions to loving and loyal.

When I heard about Michael Vick, it just sickened me. And, lately, I came across a pictorial that showed a lot of his dogs and their new, proud owners. Additionally, I found a clip that showed their journey to their presumed happy endings. I thought I'd share, as it's a nice little "feel good" start to 2009. And, again, I'm a giver like that.

Michael Vick is a big ol' douchebag, and I will always love a story that goes from bad to wonderful. Love.



The Pictorial:
http://vault.sportsillustrated.cnn.com/vault/gallery/featured/GAL1150032/1/10/index.htm

Cheers to a new year and happy endings.