Monday, January 05, 2009

A Song to Start the Week....

Since XM and Sirius merged, I've been trying to get on board with some changes in the channel lineups on my car stereo. It used to be that Channel 54, Lucy (the XM channel), was my favorite, but the 54 now isn't quite as spectacular. So, I've been leaning towards channel 44, New Wave, as it features a lot of music that I used to listen to back in high school and the early college years. So many memories.

This morning, I heard one of my long-lost favorite songs. U2's Bad. I just love this song, and it fits this Monday morning like a glove, so I'm including the performance of it at Live Aid back in 1985. Today, it's back to a whole week of work after a 2-week stint of holiday hoopla - a somewhat grim reminder of being an adult and having real responsibility. Needless to say, I'm dragging my feet this morning. But, during my commute, for about 10 minutes, I was reminded of being that 14-year old, skinny little freshman in high school, wide-eyed and fresh faced. Leave it to a random piece of great music to make me remember the days of big hair and even bigger possibilities.

Enjoy.